Wednesday 26 January 2011

A bit of a craft butterfly!

Having spent a few days working with different kinds of denim I needed a change - I can never work on one project for long - I always have a few on the go, and sometimes none of them appeal so I start a new one!  My family call this impulsive, I call it a lively mind!   I also use the excuse that I am experimenting with yarns and different crafts for my craft website.....so if I am up to my elbows in bags of unfinished projects, I am merely 'working hard'....

A few weeks ago, before Christmas interrupted, I started this table runner but ran out of the ribbon yarn I was using... so I finished it today and I'm delighted with the effect!  The yarn is Louisa Harding's Sari Ribbon, made of polyamide and nylon.  This shade is a lovely sagey green with gold metal threads down the centre.  The finished fabric is squashy and sparkles! I used 4 skeins of Sari Yarn to make this runner - which turned out shorter than I hoped, but I'll use it for a small table....

I made the runner on a hand weaving loom -
it grows really fast, and is really easy and fast to  do.        
 

Hmmm... a finished project... that means I can start another one! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Time is precious but if you have a minute I would love to hear your comments x