Friday 3 June 2011

Paper!

Well that's what happens when you get a new job - no time to blog let alone make anything! I haven't 'blogged' for 2 months!!
I have managed to experiment with a fantastic yarn called Paper by Katia though.  This yarn is literally made out of paper cellulose.  Strong, pliable and easy to crochet/knit with,   the results are unusual and set my mind spinning with ideas:  bags, placemats, coasters, purses, book covers - endless possibilities! 
(Katia books have some patterns in - for adult and childrens bags.  Particularly cute are the 2 children's bags in Katia book no. 53, and there is a girl's peaked cap! Katia book 'Elegance' No. 62 has a delicate evening bag and a large shoulder bag). 
Here is my latest project: a shoulder bag made from Katia Paper in pale grey:  My eldest sister's birthday present - so I'll call it a Wendy Bag.  It took 3 balls of 'Paper'.  I'll post the pattern on my Folksy shop http://www.folksy.com/shops/oxfordglass ASAP.





Wendy Bag



No comments:

Post a Comment

Time is precious but if you have a minute I would love to hear your comments x