Sunday 22 January 2012

Crochet competition results, Beyond the Square Motif # 2 and Beautiful Blogger Blanket 2012

Last week I showed you my entry for Elisabeth Andree's 
crochet competition on her blog About Crochet ... 


Well I wasn't lucky enough to win...but my goodness, 
you should see the two winning entries...
They are amazing!  

Have a look at Lindy's scarf on her blog Who I Am  
I loved it as soon as I saw it. 


It is a sophisticated, clever design that shows off 
the texture of two crochet patterns beautifully, 
and Lindy's husband takes beautiful photographs
 of her (go and see)!.  

Lindy has also crocheted some squares for 
the beautiful Blogger Blanket...have a look here...
I can't wait to sew them into the blanket but they 
aren't in the country yet - they are coming all the 
way from Minnesota, USA! 

Sharing first place in Elisabeth's contest was 
Donatella of Inspiration and Realisation... 


Donatella crocheted this brilliant chain link scarf in 
gorgeous greens - the pattern is on her blog too. 

If you want to see all of the competition entries 
pop over here - I think they are all amazing! 

Still lingering at Elisabeth's Blog today she posted 
about a new blanket she has made which is beautiful.. 
have a peak here...  

It's a very clever use of colour isn't it? 


I had better show you my second motif for the Beyond 
the Square Challenge 2012 over at Barbara's blog 
made in k-town ....her it is all pinned out...


and again after blocking....

MOTIF # 2
If you want to be really impressed have a look at 
Barbara's gallery page where you can see 
everyone's motifs in the challenge.

Finally pop over to see the squares that Barbina 
has made for the Beautiful Blogger Blanket of 

Simple, beautiful squares are on their way from 
Germany and Barbina is going to post the pattern.  

I foresee little 'Barbina' blankets popping up all 
over Pinterest! 

I'll be back tomorrow with the contents of an 
envelope that arrived here on Friday...

15 comments:

  1. Gorgeous motif, and I love that crochet chain what a great idea!!! Jxo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Janette... I may well make one myself.. :)x

      Delete
  2. great square! Looks lovely. My squares should be there soon. I appreciate your wonderful comments on my scarf. It's been amazing to meet so many talented crocheters out in the world!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Lindy.. I hope Elisabeth does it again.. Just taking part was a really good experience :)x

      Delete
  3. I wouldn't have wanted to be the person judging the competition, there were so many great entries. Although I think your cushion is gorgeous. The motifs are working out nicely too.
    And when you get all the entries in for your beautiful blogger blanket you are going to have your work cut out for you. That is going to be a big undertaking, just sorting the squares would be bad enough, let alone joining them.
    xXx Helen

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Helen... I said exactly that to Elisabeth, though in the end she chose the same two as me, so i was quite happy! I have started laying all the squares out.. it is so lovely to see them together...like a crochet square world conference! :)x

      Delete
  4. thank you for linking my chain-link scarf! all the designs were truly beautiful!
    xox, d.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's a pleasure Donatella... I hope lots of people try to make one now :)x

      Delete
  5. Hi Hope I'm not too late but I have some squares for the blanket to send to you. Can you email your address to wannabescrapbookaddict@yahoo.co.uk Thanks Candace

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow, those winning creations are wonderful.
    I can't wait to see all the squares together for beautiful blogger blanket. They really are travelling from all over the world.

    ReplyDelete
  7. That is a lovely motif Stocki so perfectly made. :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Lovely motif and those scarfs are both amazing. The green one is so pretty and chain one is a really creative idea. Love them both.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love your motif Jill! Thank you so much for your for your nice words. You have made me so happy!
    Have a great day! Barbina

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hello Jill,
    Lovely post, you are such a kind person:) Love your gorgeous motif! It is stylish with just a touch of blue.
    I am thinking about you.... joining all those beautiful squares for the BBB. I admire you, but you know that already, don't you? :)

    ReplyDelete

Time is precious but if you have a minute I would love to hear your comments x