Wednesday 11 January 2012

Tuesday Tallies have begun for 2012.. and look what I got in the post!


Yesterday Gingerbread Girl kicked off the Tuesday Tallies again for 2012 and I was shocked to find that I have only made 14 squares since  13th December..  I should have 134 squares in all and I have only got 114.  However, to find the silver lining in this particular little cloud I have found something to motivate me to shift my shizzle (I have heard my children say that...I hope it isn't rude!)!  I PROMISE... yes, PROMISE myself (and you) to catch up by... ummm...next Tuesday.... Tuesday 31st January!



This morning the post came earlier than usual... 


Oh how fondly I remember the days of post being guaranteed to plop onto the doormat by 7am.... the milk would be there on the doorstep too, with holes pecked in the foil by the birds, and all before Mum came down the stairs.  Even earlier than this Dad would have completed his kitchen sink shave and have popped off on his 'Pop-pop' to work... 


I must ask Dad why we called it a 'Pop-pop'**.... Hmmm....

So today I found this on the doormat...



An envelope from Elisabeth of About Crochet  and inside these...


2 Beautiful Blogger Blanket Squares from Elisabeth


BY -   Elisabeth About Crochet
                           PATTERN -  Can be found on Elisabeth's blog here 
                                YARN -  Cotton 8, double thread, main colour vanilla;   
                                            other colours -orange, green, pink and 2 
                shades of blue.




                               BY -   Elisabeth About Crochet
                               PATTERN - Can be found on Elisabeth's blog here 
                               YARN -  Cotton 8, double thread, main colour vanilla; 
                                           other colours; pink and 2 shades of blue.

Elisabeth also sent a postcard of 'Interieur Gemeentemuseum Den Haag'...


Here are some close-up details of the squares...



Thank you so much Elisabeth - they are gorgeous and 2 squares gives you 2 entries to win the whole blanket all for yourself!  

To everyone else who wants to take part in the Beautiful Blogger Blanket of 2012... getting stitching those squares, text me for my email, send your squares to get to me by the 31st January, and keep watching to see what other people have sent me.. .

** Addendum...I asked Dad why it was called a 'pop-pop'... apparently it was a two-stroke engine, and if it was standing idle the engine noise sounded like, "Pop-pop-pop-pop-pop-pop!"

12 comments:

  1. Gorgeous squares from you and Elisabeth! I finally got some 100% cotton today, it will be my aim to do one a day between now and next Tuesday, I might be pushing it though.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm sure you'll catch up, they look gorgeous and Elizabeth's squares are fabulous, can't wait to see the finished blanket. My post doesn't arrive until 3pm-4pm with my regular postman, getting a bit fed up of it now .xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful squares, I particularly like the colours of the first one......must get on with mine this weekend x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely squares Jill...by the way, I nominated you for a Liebster today. lol x

    ReplyDelete
  5. well done on one a day Jill its looking good. I love the bbb squares so pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  6. You can do it!! Love love those grannies from Elizabeth!!!! I've gotten a few made myself! EEK! Can't wait to share them with you!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. What great squares,. This will be a fine blogger blanket. You amaze me xxx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your squares look great. And these new ones from Elisabth are lovely too!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. 114 is still a lot! I have to catch up too so I can participate in the next one a day post again. Let's getting knitting!

    How nice! The museum in The Hague, I've been there.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hello Jill,
    Such a nice post again, lovely photos! Your squares are gorgeous and I'm sure you'll catch up! Keep my fingers crosses for you:)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Ooops, how did I miss the one a day restart, I have no idea what I will do next, but it will definitely be blanket shaped!

    ReplyDelete

Time is precious but if you have a minute I would love to hear your comments x