Sunday 1 January 2012

Square inspiration and a lovely competition...



Christmas stars... no I haven't gone mad.. I forgot to blog them and completely forgot to give them to my Mum and sisters!  Ah well.... only  358 days until Christmas 2012! It's true... look here !

(Photos from Google search on Granny Squares... origin unknown)
Have you found Adaiha's blog called 'Things to make and do'?   

Basically Adaiha pledged to crochet a square a day in 2011... and not the easy way as I have been doing with the One-a-Day group led by Gingerbread Girl... 

No, Adaiha is sourcing and using a different PATTERN every day! Amazing!  

In her blog there are links to patterns, books, tutorials all based around the crochet square and what to do to /with it..  I have a feeling I may be spending some time there in the next month!

I popped over to Scarlet Dash this afternoon and found a lovely Giveaway going on.. The book "Interlocking Crochet by Tanis Galik " will be given away next Sunday (8th Jan)...all you have to do is pop over to Scarlet Dash's  blog, leave a comment and wait with fingers and toes crossed...good luck! 

No reason for this Photo of Freddie... It's just to make you smile.... 
I hope you are all able to enjoy your Bank Holiday Monday tomorrow... I don't think it is going to be a hot sunny one (not in the UK anyway)! 


14 comments:

  1. Wow, thanks for all those inspiring links. Wishing you a very blessed and happy new year xox

    ReplyDelete
  2. oooh - not sure if I should thank you for those links - worried it might just have spoken for a good few weeks of 2012!
    happy new year to you stocki
    love fee x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Freddie's photo has cheered me right up, its definitely made me smile :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy New Year to you Stocki! Shall I click on those links now......I may be lost in crochet heaven for some time!!! :D Bless Freddie, what a sweetheart x

    Hope you enjoy the Bank Holiday today x

    Jo x x x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for the links Jill. Will definitely be checking them out today! As for the Monday weather....here in South Africa its about 29C at the moment so I think a quick swim is in order! Hope your day was good.xxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow! Those stars look great!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks for your lovely comment on the butterflies...the pattern I found somewhere on the www.....
    Your blog is also lovely !!!!
    I became a follower ....

    PS I hope you can read my blog because I think the Google translater doesn't work ??

    Marjo

    ReplyDelete
  8. Dear Stocki !
    See, I've made squares !!!
    I hope you don't mind if I put your name on my blog for the challenge of "granny squares " ?
    Please tell me if not.
    Have a Great Week !
    Anna

    ReplyDelete
  9. Sunny here today! But definately not hot.
    Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Happy New Year! Love the picture of your sweet puppy! Hope 2012 is full of crochet and crafting!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi Stocki. I'm sorry if I'm being dense, but I can't find a link to your email address anywhere. I'm in the process of making some squares for your blogger blanket so would like your address please. You can mail me on victoriahillon@gmail.com. Thanks and Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hi Jill,
    I want to send you my squares and for the life of me I can't find an email link for you anywhere. Can you email me your address to kashigriffith@yahoo.com ? I have a few to send you and will be blogging about them again this week. I would love to get them in the mail by this weekend. Thanks, Kashi.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Great links,thank you for sharing them. I have no hope crocheting a square a day but can certainly enjoy looking at the squares of others.

    Beautiful stars, maybe they could be an alternative Valentine decoration?

    ReplyDelete
  14. Happy New Year, Jill. Thanks for sharing the links, love your Christmas stars. I've just made my first Christmas card for Christmas 2012. I will be sending you my squares in the next week or so.xxx

    ReplyDelete

Time is precious but if you have a minute I would love to hear your comments x